When BrewSession goes live we should have an automated brew-day timeline generator! What does that mean?
Once you create a recipe there will be a link to the timeline which will analyze your recipe and try to intelligently list the steps you should take to brew it up. The boil is easiest and I have it mostly done:
- Bring the sweet wort to a boil.
- Add 1.5 ozs of 14.2% AA Horizon, boil for 45 minutes
- Add 2.0 ozs of 7.5% AA East Kent Goldings, boil for 5 minutes
- Add 1 tbs of Irish Moss boil for 10 minutes
See, wasn’t that easy? How about the post-boil?
- Chill the wort to 60-75° F and collect in your fermenter
- Add 3 gal sanitized water
- Aerate the wort
- Pitch Burton Ale Yeast into the fermenter
- Add 2.0 ozs of 4.8% AA East Kent Goldings to the fermenter
Oooh, dry hops. Print it out, take it to the brewery if you don’t have a ‘puter right there. Mashing/Extraction is a little tricky, but given a detailed recipe I think that BrewSession can be a big help on brew day.
On a side note, I pretty much have BrewSession back to the feature-level it was at before the crash and data loss. Took me about two months of hard work in the spare time I’m not working my real job. A big “Thank you” to my understanding wife for not grumbling (much) about the time I spend in front of my keyboard.