I have several friends who have not yet grown out of the email forward stage, and I’m conintually getting these questionarre type things (much like the ones that were so popular for a while on MySpace), and since I have a moral obligation to stop retarded email forwards at all costs, I’ve decided to post my answers here and simply send them the link. I will do my part to better this world! As I get more questions, I’ll put more answers.
Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends . Okay, here’s what you’re supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!!
Just copy (not forward) this entire email and paste into a new e-mail that you can send. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then send this to a whole bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person that sent it to you……Tis the Season to be NICE!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, although my aunt just taught me to sew cloth bags. One of these days I’ll make a bunch of those.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real, totally.
3. When do you put up the tree? The day after Thanksgiving is Christmas Tree day!
4. When do you take the tree down? New Year’s day. Last year’s tree shouldn’t be up during this year–that’s just rude to this year’s tree!
5. Do you like eggnog? Meh. People keep telling me that’s just because I haven’t had good eggnog. I suppose then they should be giving me the good stuff, now shouldn’t they?
6. Favorite gift received as a child? That’s really hard to say. I got a pet tarantula one year, which ruled; I also got a brown pound puppy at one point, a huge bunch of glow in the dark stars (ruled!), a home planetarium thingy, a chemistry set, and a microscope (and the microscope had a projector on it so I could show my parents things for HOURS!). Recently, I got the very first Newberry Award Winning book. Woooo!
7. Hardest person to buy for? Hmmm…it changes every year. It matters if I happen across the perfect gift or not.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Once again, it matters if I happen across the perfect gift or not.
9. Do you have a nativity scene ? Nah. My mom collects them, so she has more than enough for everyone else in the family.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards ? Mail. I LOVE LOVE LOVE getting mail (it’s like a mini surprise Christmas every day! Except Sundays. Sundays kinda suck like that), so I insist on sending out physical cards so I can give that happy to other people, too.
11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Um, can’t really think of one. I love presents, so anything in a festive box rules.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It’s a tie between White Christmas and A Christmas Story.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas ? January. Sometimes before. I have a closet of gifts that I collect throughout the year. I usually am done by October.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present ? Yep. Just because it wasn’t perfect for me (or I already had one) doesn’t mean it won’t be perfect for someone else. I highly encourage present recycling.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Finnan haddie!!! Best food in existence–smoked white fish drenched in butter and served with little potatoes and fresh fruit. I dream about it all year.
16. Lights on the tree? Oh, a rediculous amount of lights. I’ve found that an overly-lighted tree is an amazing site to behold.
17. Favorite Christmas song ? The Christmas Song
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel. 🙁
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid, and Donner and Blitzen, but do you recall, the most famous reindeer of all?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I haven’t found the perfect thing, so nothing at the moment.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas pajamas get opened on Christmas Eve, and then the rest of the presents on Christmas morning. That has to be the greatest day EVER!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? All the manufactured stress that my mom inflicts. That’s why I hate traveling.
23 Favorite for Christmas dinner ? Cold Finnan Haddie.
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? Oh, I’ve got a list!
A) Four places that I go to over and over
1) The Lab
3) Square 1
4) The Fox
B) Four people who e-mail me (regularly):
C) Four of my favorite places to eat:
1) Square 1
2) A really good sushi joint
4) In N Out
D) Four places I would rather be right now:
1) at home
2) at Disneyland
3)at a bookstore
4)at a good friend’s house
E) Four TV shows I watch:
2) Anything Reality
4)Countdown with Keith Olbermann
|A getting to know you questionnaire|
…but are ya brave enough to answer the questions?
1. Tell me something obvious about you: I have strawberry blonde hair
2. Tell me something about you that many don’t know: I’m deathly afraid of making phone calls, but I force myself to on a regular basis.
3. What is your biggest fear? Just giving up because I’m afraid; not doing everything I can to get what I want.
4. Do you normally go the safe route or take the short cut? Depends. I like short cuts, but sometimes the safe route is best.
5. Name one thing you want that you can’t buy with money. The career I want.
6. What is your most treasured possession? My harp.
7. What is the one thing you hate most about yourself that you do often? I get sloppy with my stuff, and make a mess (just like mom!)
8. Tell me something sexually about you that I don’t know. I like B&D (can you guess if I’m a top or a bottom?)
9. Tell me something sexually about you that everyone knows: I really, really like sex.
10. What is your favorite lie to tell? Sorry I missed your call! My phone was in the car.
11. Name something you’ve done once that you can’t wait to do again: Gone to London
12. Are you the jealous type? I can be, it depends on my mood.
13. What is the one person, place or thing you can’t say no to? Disneyland.
14. What is the nicest thing someone has ever done for you? Bought me a harp.
15. If you could do something crazy right now, what would it be? Walk right out of my parent’s house and never come back.
16. When was the last time you cried? A week or so ago.
17. When was the last time you felt so good that nothing else mattered? Last week, when it snowed.
18. Do you feel comfortable in public with no shirt on? Matters the circumstances.
19. Name something embarrassing you did while being drunk. I do so many embarrassing things while NOT drunk, the drunken me is down right polite.
20. If you answered this questionaire, who else would you like to see answer it? I don’t really care.
21. If you lied on any of the questions, which ones and why? None
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate, with Godiva white and dark chocolate liquor, vanilla, marshmallows, cinnamon, orange liquor, and a candy cane.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Wrapped of course! One of the best parts of Christmas is seeing a wrapped gift with your name on it, and not being able to open it until Christmas morning.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Colored. I love the sparkles!
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No, but only because I don’t know where to get it easily. I’d love to have it everywhere. So much kissing!
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Day after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
Waiting breathlessly in the bedroom doorway until 8 am, because we weren’t allowed out until then.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
Don’t really remember.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
I start by wrapping the trunk with lights, then I wrap each branch with lights, then I put the shiny Christmas balls inside the tree so they reflect the lights, then I put the fun Christmas ornaments on the outside of the tree.
11. Snow: love it or hate it?
Love it! I don’t get to see it all that often, is why.
12. Can you ice skate?
Yes. It’s like slippery roller blading.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I haven’t had all my Christmases yet, so how am I to know what my favorite gift is?
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Sitting in front of the Christmas tree with friends and family and just relaxing. It makes my tummy happy.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Sitting in front of the Christmas tree.
17. What tops your tree?
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?
Giving. I love the hunt for the perfect gift, then watching someone I love open it. It makes me so very happy!
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
A Christmas Song and Silver Bells
20. Candy canes:
Love them, but they always taste best fresh off the Christmas tree.
21. Favorite Christmas movie?
A Christmas Story and White christmas
22. What do you leave for Santa?
1. Do you love Christmas, or just pretend to? I absolutely, totally, and completely love it, more than any other time of year.
2. Now that you know better, what do you say to sweet little kids who look at you with their wide, expectant eyes and ask you if Santa Claus is real? I say “of course!”
3. There will, at some point within the next six weeks, be an item in the news about a council or other government body “banning” some traditional Christmas item such as a nativity play, overtly religious carol or a dogmatic clergyman for suggesting that Christmas is a Christian festival, since this might cause offence to people who aren’t Christians. Do you care? Nope.
4. Would you work on Christmas day for double pay? No way.
5. What’s so special about turkeys? Aren’t they just fat, tasteless chickens? Have you had my turkey? (That’s what she said!)
6. Has the mere fact that the goose is getting fat ever specifically led you to put a penny in the hat of an old man? Nope. Do that all year anyhow.
7. Is anything more sinister than a merry gentleman at rest? Yes. An angry mother when you have to work during Christmas vacation.
8. (Brits) Do you feel incomplete if you don’t watch or listen to the Queen on Christmas Day? Not Brit.
9. (Americans) Do you feel incomplete without the Queen to give you your annual dose of platitudinous moral and spiritual guidance? (Ooo, vocabulary’s coming back, must be the rump steak I had for breakfast). Nope.
10. “A dog is for life, not just for Christmas”. But since the life expectancy of the dog is 12 – 18 years, unless you’re buying a dog for your Granddad (and don’t do that, he wants socks) this almost certainly is not the case. Who can we sue for deceiving us? PETA
11. In Australia, Christmas is in summer. Should this be allowed? Why not?
12. Will you be going to church on Christmas Day voluntarily? Nope.
13. Will you be doing anything on Christmas Day voluntarily? Eat and open presents.
14. It’s Boxing Day, 3pm. You’re in the lounge with your Grandma. Everyone else is washing up, or drunk. Are you old enough now to pretend to be asleep so you don’t have to listen to her blab on and on about how all she got for Christmas when she was your age was an orange and a punch in the face? Yes. And I’m probably drunk.
15. “Christmas has become too commercialised”. At what point was it just commercialised enough? I love Christmas just the way it is.
16. Given absolute power over an entire nation, how would you have Christmas celebrated? With friends and family, and no one telling me that I’m doing it wrong, or someone else is doing it wrong.